Therapy Intern Job Description
Position: Therapy Intern
Reports to: Briana Thomas, LMFT
Company: Discover You Counseling and Personal Wellness, LLC
Discover You Counseling and Personal Wellness, LLC is a dynamic and rapidly expanding multi-state group practice dedicated to providing high-quality mental health services to individuals and communities in Wisconsin (WI), Nevada (NV), and California (CA). Founded on the principles of compassion, inclusivity, and cultural sensitivity, our practice is committed to fostering personal growth, emotional well-being, and self-discovery.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Therapy Intern to join our therapy practice. This internship offers a valuable opportunity for individuals pursuing a career in mental health to gain hands-on experience, receive supervision, and contribute to the well-being of clients under the guidance of licensed professionals.
1. Client Support:
- Assist in conducting client assessments and evaluations.
- Observe therapy sessions and participate as appropriate.
- Provide support to clients under the supervision of licensed therapists.
2. Caseload Management:
- Maintain a caseload of clients seeking individual, couple or family therapy services.
- Collaborate with clients to assess their therapeutic needs and goals.
3. Therapeutic Sessions:
- Conduct individual, couple or family therapy sessions using evidence-based therapeutic techniques.
- Provide compassionate, client centered care to address client concerns and promote well-being.
4. Documentation and Record-Keeping:
- Complete chart notes in a timely and accurate fashion for each client session.
- Develop and maintain thorough and up-to-date client records.
5. Treatment Planning:
- Create and update treatment plans based on client progress and evolving needs.
- Collaborate with clients to set therapeutic goals and monitor progress.
6. Case Consultations:
- Engage in case consultations with colleagues and supervisors to ensure effective treatment strategies.
- Seek guidance and support when facing complex cases.
7. Learning and Training:
- Attend clinical meetings, supervision sessions, and training opportunities.
- Engage in ongoing learning and skill development.
- Uphold ethical standards and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a commitment to culturally sensitive therapy practices.
- Collaborate effectively with the therapy team and other staff members.
- Enrollment in or completion of a Master's or Doctoral program in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A desire to learn and grow within the field of mental health.
- Willingness to adapt to the needs of clients and the practice.
- Commitment to ethical and culturally sensitive therapy practices.
How to Apply:
Interested internship candidates are encouraged to submit their resume, a cover letter detailing their qualifications and career goals, and references. Please send your application to email@example.com with the subject line "Therapy Intern Application."